Dr. Graham has dedicated the majority of her 12+year practice to the treatment of Addiction & Mental illness while developing and implementing Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) acupuncture-based programs for various public and private agencies in B.C.
Her vast experience in the Addictions field comes from years of dedicated personal study as well as hands-on work in various clinical settings including community drop-in centers (DTES), residential treatment programs, inpatient and outpatient hospital settings (LGH Psychiatric Services, Hope Centre, BC Women’s Hospital), and clinical research.
Dr. Graham’s areas of expertise include the treatment of trauma and PTSD, anxiety disorders, various mental illnesses (schizophrenia, bi-polar, depression, etc.) drug & alcohol addiction/withdrawal, detox, post-acute withdrawal syndrome and sleep disorders.
In March of 2014, Dr. Graham was recognized by the BC government and appointed as a professional member to the Healthcare Practitioners Special Committee for Audit by the Ministry of Health, and was re-appointed to this position in March 2015 for an additional two year term.
As an active member of her profession, Dr. Graham also works closely with her profession’s regulatory body (CTCMA) on projects surrounding practitioner competency and public safety, focusing on the development and advancement of TCM in BC. In addition to this, she also sits on the Program Advisory Committee for Kwantlen University’s TCM program, mentors students in a clinical setting, acts as editor-in-chief for a Canadian TCM magazine, and runs a successful private practice.
Dr. Graham has been part of our program development and group facilitation at TWC since 2002. She currently leads weekly acupuncture sessions for all of our first and second stage residents.
- Dr. TCM, R.Ac (CTCMA) – Registrant in good standing
- Professional Member Healthcare Practitioners Special Committee for Audit, Ministry of Health BC
- Editor-in-Chief, Medicinal Roots Magazine
- Program Advisory Committee Member, Kwantlen University TCM Program
- Clinical Trial Coordinator & Acupuncturist – Fir Module BC Women’s Hospital (2005-2007)
- NADA Certified in Acu-Detox
The Yogic Way Magazine
- Yoga therapy for PTSD (TCM & Yoga)
- The year of the wood sheep
- The Yin and Yang of Summer, Blending TCM and Yoga
- Layers, Scrolling through the layers of our existence
- Rx Yoga
- The year of the yogi
- Buying happiness
- Why you should do Yoga on rest days
- The Original Flu Shot
- Yoga, Money & Madness
- Learning to Die
- Turning 40, Coping through Yoga
- Perspective from a Tired Body
- The Year of the Dragon
- The Fire of Summer
- Spiritual Yoga
- Yoga by Default
- Going Smoke Free with Yoga
- The TCM Lung, Fall & Yoga
- Multi-tasking Yoga Practice
- Journey into Ego
- Vertical Yoga
- Vrikasana, the way of the Tree
- The Irreverent Yogi
- 5 element meditation
- No Mistaking Namaste
- Open your mouth and say Om
TriBC – Spring 2015
Acupuncture & Sport, The Secret Recovery Method
Trail Running Canada – February 2014
Acupuncture and Trail Running
Hockey Now! – December 2012
Dealing with Anxiety, Changing your Game Plan
Guidepoints, News from NADA, May 2008
Young Canadians In Treatment Respond Well to Acu-Detox (Interview by NADA)